Why Schedule My Chimney Inspection Before Fall?
Owning a chimney offers a lot of benefits – but it also requires a lot of responsibility. You’ll need to make sure that your chimney is properly maintained and cleaned before the start of your burning season to ensure it operates safely and efficiently. Most homeowners, however, aren’t aware of when the best time to schedule their annual chimney inspection is.
Some might assume waiting until temps drop is fine, but it’s actually best to schedule your chimney care services well before the fall season begins. This gives you ample time to ensure your chimney is functioning well and to eliminate any issues that would prevent you from enjoying your system to the fullest during the burning season.
The Benefits of Early Inspections
So, why do so many sweeps push for early inspections?
- It Allows for Easier Scheduling: A lot of people don’t set up a chimney inspection until the cooler weather begins. Because of this, the majority of chimney companies find themselves pretty booked up throughout the fall and winter months. Which means that, come time to schedule, the earliest appointment you might be able to get will be a few weeks away – and it may not be the most ideal for your schedule, either. If you get your inspection done early, this won’t be the case. You’ll have the opportunity to get an appointment with a reliable company at your preferred date and time – no stress, no hassle.
- It Prevents Delays: When scheduling chimney care during warm and dry weather, your can rest assured your chimney specialist will be able to look over your chimney easier and fulfill every task they need to accomplish much easier than if they were navigating any icy roof. And if your chimney specialist discovers buildup and damage, these issues can be promptly addressed too (as opposed to putting them off another few weeks until an opening pops up, like you’d have to do in the fall). Long story short – by taking advantage of a chimney company’s less busy season, you can significantly minimize delays at the start of your burning season.
- It Gives You Peace of Mind: Since chimney companies are not loaded with customers during summer, you shouldn’t have to wait for too long in order to get on their schedule. That means you can eliminate the stress and hassle you’ll likely encounter if you put it off. When cold weather arrives, all you’ll have left to do is put up your feet and relax – all while your neighbors are stuck scrambling for chimney care.
- It Makes Repairs Easier: Masonry repairs are actually best done in warmer weather, and you’ll get better, longer-lasting results if conditions are just right. The warm weather will allow all materials applied to your chimney to cure quickly, ensuring that your chimney can be used once the cooler weather begins. This is another way you can avoid delays down the line too.
How Often Should You Schedule a Chimney Inspection and Cleaning?
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), it is recommended that you get your chimney inspected and cleaned at least once a year. By doing this you can ensure that your chimney will function properly, and you’ll avoid risks that are usually seen on unmaintained chimneys.
Here’s some of the many reasons why regular inspections and cleaning are important:
- Avoiding Fire & Smoke-Related Issues: Regular inspections will help prevent severe smoke-related issues, such as bad odors, drafting issues, and health hazards from occurring. Along with this, when you schedule necessary repairs and sweepings, you can enhance your chimney’s ability to function safety, which then prevents fire-related accidents from occurring. When chimneys aren’t maintained, things like gas leaks, chimney fires, and smoke inhalation are all much more likely.
- Prevent Animal Entry: Animals and birds use chimneys to seek refuge and build their nests. The problem is, they leave lots of nesting materials like twigs and leaves inside your chimney, putting your chimney at risk for a fire. What’s worse, some of them can get trapped inside, which invites unwanted pests and creates clogs and odors. With early inspections every year, you will be able to discover and safely remove these animals and nesting materials long before issues occur. Your chimney sweep can also provide you with a well-fitted chimney cap to avoid further issues down the line.
- Extend Chimney Lifespan: Early inspections and maintenance allow you to prevent all kinds of damaging issues, like mold growth and water damage, from wreaking havoc on your chimney. This will allow you to quickly resolve issues that need to be addressed, avoid significant and costly damages, and prolong your chimney’s overall lifespan.
Rely on Expert Chimney Services From Us
To experience the best chimney services, make sure to only trust a qualified chimney company. They have professional and trained specialists who can provide you with superior solutions for all your chimney maintenance and care needs. This guarantees that your chimney will be properly inspected, swept, and repaired, allowing you to use your chimney without any safety issues.
Entrust your chimney inspection and maintenance to Advanced Chimney Specialists. We are offering premier chimney care services in all of Southwestern Pennsylvania. Whether you need chimney sweeping, inspections, or repairs, rest assured our team can get it done.